Friday, October 27, 2006

the name

Amadeus - I use this name for a number of things, MSN included. It reminds me of the creative spirit in me. Amadeus is one of Mozart's christian names. Mozart is among my favourite composers...he is known for his mastery and power over melody. His works just ring with singable melodies, and beautiful harmonies. Of course he is not the only great composer. He lived in between two of the most beautiful musical periods of all time. His works are reminiscent of the Baroque notions of Handel and Vivaldi, and look forward to the soaring melodies and expressiveness of the Romantic period. The simplicity yet complexity of his works astound me.

His name reminds me of walking through the streets of Salzbourg and Vienna. Visiting the palaces and churches where his music was performed in Austria and in France. Seeing the house where he was born. I get taken back to my Europe trip where I was first exposed to the beauty of music - and fell in love with the Baroque and Classical periods. I remember standing in Handel's house in London and just realising 'this is real!.. this actually happened!!'.It was insane.

It has inspired me to compose and take power over music...and sculp it into something beautiful. Truly inspired by the magic of Amadeus.

The created - learning about the creative process, i value so much more the meaning that is given to a creation when you realise that it was actually CREATED. I discovered while in Europe that just a glimpse of the lives of these composers brought this MUSIC alive to me. It gave the music such a vitality and purpose. I could see why it was composed and how much we should rever this process. Makes me realise, hey, I am created! You have been created. So value lies in all of us.

These two words/phrases just remind me of the purpose and passions of my life.

A friendly reminded that I have purpose. And so do you..

the question I want to leave is... what is your purpose?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home