Sunday, November 05, 2006

sesame street

me and my llama, me and my llama
we're going to the dentist ooo-eee...

Oh, the joys of Sesame street. I just love to think back to my early childhood and being part of the mysterious world of Sesame street. Seriously, I found it captivating. I found the puppets so interesting. Just the fact that we only learnt a little bit about them at a time. I mean, where do they live? What do they do when they aren't on tv? Who's hands are up their bums?

How does all of the technical side work? I mean, there must be a normal walkway for the HUMAN actors to walk on around bunkers or something for the puppet worker people to walk in. And Big Bird for instance... he is done by one guy in a suit who has a little tv screen on his chest seeing what the little kids are seeing.

As an adult I look back at Sesame street and tut at the changes which have taken place. I mean, ditching the snufflupugus (how the hell do you spell that?), removing most of the educational quality of the show, and don't even get me started on the devil incarnate (Elmo). Gosh, things have changed.

Well, the puppets are great but the things that I remember most are the songs. The one that I quoted at the beginning I just found the lyrics for.. I remembered it a little differently. I will leave you with the version that I remember (and still hear when I listen to it.. ).

Me and my llama, me and my llama
Going to the dentist to wee...

hehe

1 Comments:

Blogger alwayswins said...

man, me and elmo are gunna hunt you down...

but just to give the heads up, apparently the devil is wearing prada these days...

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home